Getting to know me! Welcome to my blog

Assignment 1: Part 1




My name is Valeria Alcaraz. I am 42 years old. I live in Martínez. Education and English 💖💖💖💖💖are my innate passion, that is why I decided to be a teacher of English when I was a little girl.
I am a fourth-year student at the UTN (www.inspt.utn.edu.ar/). I chose this renowned institution for its excellence in education and fully-fledged professors. I have taken a long path to complete my studies, but hopefully, this year I am attending my last 3 subjects ( Education Technology, Language IV and Methods II) and thus, I will be able to fulfil my dream: be a certified teacher of English!!!🎓🎓🎓



As for my work background, I have been teaching for 20 years now. I first started working in a primary school and five years later, I took the challenge to teach in a secondary school in Olivos. Soon afterwards, I found my niche in this school where I have been working for the past 15 years. 

With the advent of technology, lots of changes have taken place in the classroom: WiFi connection, Smart TV, HDMI connection, a desk computer in each classroom, notebooks, school`s virtual platform. This institution underscores technology is making an increasingly significant contribution to education and hence, it makes investments in upgrading the technological devices for a better learning experience. Every year, we- teachers- are trained in the implementation of ICT in the classroom: Google drive, Classroom, Blended, Santillana platforms, interactive boards





Why have I started this website? The aim is to start a personal learning environment in Education Technology. As young learners are growing up in a new digital world, I cannot overlook the role of technical artefacts play in education fact. Therefore, I should become even more acquainted with new advances in this field and bring it into the classroom.  Along this blogger, I will present you with a wide array of activities and ideas to enhance and develop language learning and technology. 





Regarding this subject, I hope to acquire more knowledge and gain a better understanding of how to implement technology in the classroom and find more creative ways to devise tasks that meet learners’ needs and support their language development.



Set, Ready, Go… time to start enjoying what technology offers us!!! 


Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Using Wordwall in our class

Internet-based project work

Lesson Plan